To Honor the Candlemas Virgin
Each year, Valladolid fills with colors, because the county fair is celebrated on February 2nd. This fair is held in honor of the Candlemas Virgin, the patron saint of Valladolid Yucatán, and it is one of the most important fairs in the state.
The fair begins on January 25th and ends on February 10th, activities begin days before with the treat on January 20, which starts at the ground floor of the county building.
This event has a program of activities for all ages and with great shows that are expected to be one of the best editions of the Valladolid Fair.
During the days of celebration, the City of Valladolid is the host of a large number of local visitors and people who visit us from nearby cities such as Tizimin, Mérida, Cancun, Piste, Espita, Temozon, and more surrounding towns.
Activities to enjoy at the fair Valladolid Yucatan.
- Visit the Livestock Exhibition where you can see the products of local livestock: cattle, pigs, horses, etc.
- Enjoy the rides, experience the adrenaline.
- Visit the People’s Theater where there is always some cultural and/or artistic activities.
- Buy local arts and crafts, at the fair you can get everything from clothes to handmade sweets.
- Also, enjoy the local craftsmanship as many local companies exhibit their products.
- Around the People’s Theater is the Gastronomic Area, where you can get amazing Yucatecan and regional appetizers at low prices.
- Sports events with bullfights, box, etc.
- In the same way, the Fiesta Area is next to the theater, where local people put up stands where they offer drinks, music, and fun.
- Go to the Concerts that they have in the Artistic Billboard, there are several, in the theater of the town, in the charro canvas, etc.
The fair has a great number of artists, popular events, dances, but in this section, you can see some of the most important events.
Saturday, January 26: The Claxons (Rock band)
Saturday, February 2: Moderatto (Rock band)/
Sunday, February 3: Division Minuscula (Rock band)/ Fourth Grand Parade
Saturday, February 9: The Irreverentres (Comedy show) (Tila María Sesto, Macta, Nani Namú).
If you are interested in knowing the complete program, click here!
Valladolid is a place full of magic and joy, the fair is an excellent time to visit and be part of this party. Escape the routine and join us at this special party.
Casas en Valladolid joins the celebrations of our beautiful magical town, and we are at your service to help you find the home, land or investment property of your dreams.