Easter Holiday: April 5th-11th, 2020.
El Cuyo is a small fishing village, and it’s perfect for relaxing, doing water sports, and enjoy nature. Its soft white sands and waters that vary from emerald green to turquoise blue are a gift for everyone.
It is important to know that even though the thought of a Small town with little infrastructure and thousands of visitors may sound like a dangerous combination, but with our advice, you may be prepared to face any eventuality and enjoy your vacation.
10 Tips to Enjoy your Holy Week Holidays 2020 in El Cuyo Yucatan
- Book in advance your house, apartment, hotel or locate a good area to camp. This is vital to have space at a reasonable price and the certainty of having a place to stay.
- Having prepared activities for the day, usually at Easter, small music festivals are held on the beach.
- Something vital is to prepare an arsenal of products such as abundant sunscreen, remember that the sun can cause burns that while not lethal can ruin even the most positive vacationer.
- The beaches of El Cuyo lack infrastructure, it is vital to bring: umbrellas, chairs, tables, towels, buckets or garbage bags and fresh water to take or wash utensils.
- El Cuyo is close to San Felipe and Rio Lagartos, do not miss the opportunity to visit these places with their various activities and local restaurants. The visit to the San Felipe mangrove is a must!
- El Cuyo only has a small store that is packed at these dates, it is important to prepare with provisions and take the pantry from your place of origin. For the same reason, it is important to prepare with specific needs such as medicines, toiletries, etc.
- Carry an icebox and abundant jugs of purified water, it is always important to stay hydrated.
- Eat and buy local, there are plenty of options for food and drinks.
- Dispose of your trash, remember that the resources are limited and that they do not have garbage collection services inside El Cuyo, it is vital that when you leave to take your trash with you and deposit it in the garbage dump that is on the way out of the town passing the bridge.
- Drinking water is limited, even when there are no tourists in El Cuyo! Try to use little water in showers, toilets, gardens or things that are not essential.
The most important tip is: Enjoy!
Even when things are not perfect, El Cuyo is perhaps one of the last places where you can enjoy a beautiful beach free of seaweed. Have patience, a positive attitude and have fun with your friends!
On behalf of the Casas en Valladolid Team: Happy Holidays!