This is a flavorful twist for the meatballs and spaghetti, as well as loads of vegetables.
Try our recipe for Yucatecan meatballs and noodles, and prepare yourself to fall in love. If you live in Valladolid and do not feel like cooking, try this and other Yucatecan dishes at this restaurant.
This traditional recipe was brought to us by our assistant Elizabeth. She is in charge of cooking meals for the team: the most delicious Yucatecan dishes.
Since we have homemade meals at the office, we eat healthier and generate less garbage than when we ordered delivery: win-win.
Using fresh products from the market, and with those elements, Elizabeth works her magic. Following with delicious dishes for us: Escabeche, Papadzules, Pollo Pibil, Chilmole, etc.
This dish is our favorite, as well as 100% comfort food. We added dutch Cheese to it, which greatly improves the flavor.
We hope you enjoy it, as much as we do.
Yucatecan meatballs with noodles recipe
1/4 of onion finely chopped
2 1/2 finely chopped tomatoes
2 carrots, diced into 2-inch cubes
2 raw eggs
3/4 kg. ground pork
2 hard-boiled eggs, diced into approx. 1-inch cubes.
1 slice of Edam cheese, chopped into 1-inch cubes (approx. 50 grams)
2 chayotes, diced into 2-inch cubes (can be replaced with zucchini)
1 teaspoon recado*
2 potatoes peeled and diced into 2-inch cubes
4 tablespoons of wheat flour
1 bag of egg noodles, if you live in the Yucatan use Donde Fideos
2 liters of water
Salt and pepper to taste
1 habanero pepper * optional
- Fry the onion and tomato in a little oil, mix until it looks mushy, and add a liter of water.
- Add the chopped carrots and boil for approx. 10 minutes.
- Mix the ground beef, 2 raw eggs, flour, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Mix to perfection.
- Add the tablespoon of white recado and the chayotes to the broth and boil for 5 minutes.
- To form the meatballs, make a ball the size of a small tangerine, hollow one side and insert a cube of ball cheese and the chopped boiled egg, close the ball again.
- Put in the chopped potato to the broth.
- In a frying pan, add cooking oil and fry the meatballs over low heat. They should be turned little by little so that all the sides are slightly golden.
- As the meatballs are cooked, they can be added to the broth with the vegetables until they are all integrated—Cook for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Break the noodles in the bag, drop the pasta into the broth, and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Add the habanero chili to add some spice. You can use another chili to taste.
We hope you like it as much as we do! Let us know if there are any other typical recipes that you like, so we can prepare a tutorial.
We are Casas in Valladolid, a team of professionals working hard to help you find real estate in Valladolid Yucatan.