In every country, ideas regarding the use and payment of energy have dynamics of their own. In some places, the energy supply is responsability of private companies. The government administers and supplies electricity in others. In Mexico, the goverment is who, through CFE (Federal Electricity Commission), handles the task. It is important to know what we pay and why we pay it. Also how much we pay. In this post we explain you how to understand the electricity bill.
Every year the CFE implements a subsidy to support users of the electrical network. The objective is to reduce the payment that users make with each bill.
This subsidy applies only to some states and cities in the nation. Its duration is about six months. It is important to mention that it is only valid for domestic service users.
The cost of the service is established taking into account the temperature reached by the region in which you live during the summer. The higher the temperature, the higher the government contribution, according to the tariff scheme.
It is time to think about efficient ways to save energy. Whether to help the planet or to reduce the cost of the bill. Here are some concrete and simple recommendations that could be of use:
- Use energy-saving light bulbs.
- Take advantage of daylight.
- Turn off lights and unplug appliances that are not in use.
- Place the refrigerator in ventilated places and away from heat sources.
- Iron thick clothes first, disconnect the iron and move on to thin garments.
- When washing clothes, use the full load indicated by the washing machine.
- Check that there are no leaks in the electrical installation
- Using air conditioning, check that doors and windows are closed properly. Clean the filters once a week.
Another way to save energy and costs is to use appliances with an Inverter motor. This technology regulates the voltage, current and frequency of an appliance. In addition, the motor is smaller.
This technology is mainly implemented in washing machines, refrigerators and air conditioners. For refrigerators, for example, the motor adapts according to the required cooling. This means better performance and savings in energy consumption. On top of that, an inverter motor is less noisy and more durable.
Know Your electricity Bill
We must be familiar with the electric bill. In it we find everything related to our energy consumption, what type of service is provided to us and much more. Everything you need to know about your service or for any clarification can be found here.